I AM , NATARAJ M B because I CARE

I am a US Qualified Registered Microbiologist-Medical Technologist, operating my own Clinical Lab. I have been an activist advocating consumer, civic, citizen's rights for Thirty plus years & a Frequent contributor to the letters to Editor.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Bangalore Customs-(LEDS)

For Indian Travellers of yore, immigration clearance and customs formalities were a
nightmare experience, reminescent of iron curtain country formalities.

I alwyas envied the US /British procedure where they had a walk through channel
for citizens and permanent residents.
I always wondered why we are not deferentially treated like that.
My recent experience where well staffed, courteous and helpful officials cleared the
travellers quickly and efficiently even while
ensuring the system was not misused.

It was a very pleasant and welcome change from the olden days.
The department has to be congratulated and commended on
the positive transformation in attitude and appearance they have managed in the last few years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home