I AM , NATARAJ M B because I CARE

I am a US Qualified Registered Microbiologist-Medical Technologist, operating my own Clinical Lab. I have been an activist advocating consumer, civic, citizen's rights for Thirty plus years & a Frequent contributor to the letters to Editor.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Do med techs get respect in your country

I have been in the field since 1978 here in India.
I have always received utmost respect and courtsey from all my patients and
doctors.
It reaches levels that are reserved for doctors and surgeons in most parts of the world.

This may be partly due to the fact that many patients may not be aware that we are not doctors. However it does not fully explain the respect we get from doctors themselves. May be part reason is that we are allopathic lab practioners and here we have medical practioners from different areas like homeopathy,siddha, and ayurveda in addition to allopathy.
Anyway it sure feels good to be treated with dignity and respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home