I AM , NATARAJ M B because I CARE

I am a US Qualified Registered Microbiologist-Medical Technologist, operating my own Clinical Lab. I have been an activist advocating consumer, civic, citizen's rights for Thirty plus years & a Frequent contributor to the letters to Editor.

Friday, July 03, 2009

Jackfruit pie!

Jackfruit is a favorite tropical fruit from south western parts of India like Kerala and Karnataka.
It has a strong fruity flavor, the pulp decidedly fibrous. If you like the smell and flavor of the fruit as I do, you can try making a pie with jackfruit filling instead of apple, pumpkin or banana.
The well ripened fruit needs to be cut into small pieces, steamed for about 10 minutes. Add sugar, cinnamon and a small quantity of cardomom powder. Then put the filling into a pie crust as usual to make the pie. If the fruit is particularly fibrous, you may need to blend the filling at high speed to mash up the fruit and give the pie a smoother consistency.
I loved it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home