I AM , NATARAJ M B because I CARE

I am a US Qualified Registered Microbiologist-Medical Technologist, operating my own Clinical Lab. I have been an activist advocating consumer, civic, citizen's rights for Thirty plus years & a Frequent contributor to the letters to Editor.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

We Need Mature Tolerance-PUBTOI14Dec2006

Sir,
Congratulations to Times of India and Kudos to the Supreme Court for upholding the right of publishing balanced news that caters to all age groups(13 Dec 2006).
This was long overdue. Since the departure of the Victorian British Raj.
We act more straight laced than the British.
The courts need to take similar liberal views
with Actors baring skin, movie dialogues, paintings that hurt "religious sentiments", advertisements etc.
I see we Indians as a group resist age tolerance/maturity cycle. We don't develop tolerance with age or maturity. We are ready to take umbrage at the least and unimportant "slights". We need to outgrow these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home