I AM , NATARAJ M B because I CARE

I am a US Qualified Registered Microbiologist-Medical Technologist, operating my own Clinical Lab. I have been an activist advocating consumer, civic, citizen's rights for Thirty plus years & a Frequent contributor to the letters to Editor.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Promoting Kannada? Mr Kumaraswamy-23 Jan 2007

23 Jan 2007,
Dear Mr. Chief Minister Kumaraswamy,

This is with reference to my suggestion that the government preserve and promote the Use of Kannada by setting up an online dictionary.

Opportunities to leave our mark on the people and history do not come knocking every day.

They have to be exploited immediately and firmly.

Reportedly, the government spent about 15 crores annually since 2001 on "language development". and has exclusive ministry for Kannada and culture and Kannada Development authority.

Both, presumably are directly interested in preserving and promoting Kannada as a language, and endowed with considerable funds.

The honor and privilege, I discovered recently, appears have rightly and deservedly gone to Prof G Venkatasubbiah for putting up an online dictionary and Baraha (http://www.baraha.com/nighantu/).

The government as usual missed the proverbial bussu.
Thanking you for your time,
Sincerely yours,
M B Nataraj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home