I AM , NATARAJ M B because I CARE

I am a US Qualified Registered Microbiologist-Medical Technologist, operating my own Clinical Lab. I have been an activist advocating consumer, civic, citizen's rights for Thirty plus years & a Frequent contributor to the letters to Editor.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What a response to a privacy complaint Indiatimes-22 oct 2008

Sir,You have not addressed the primary issue of what right do you have to create undeletable folders in my email account?and put in undeletable mails.You presume that these undeletable mails make our experience of reading our mails "pleasant".By any internet standards this violates the spam and privacy policies.You are in violation of the country's and world cyber laws.I have very very serious concerns about your ability to respect individual privacy.There are many other email services which do not invade user privacy in this fashion.
However I reserve my right to complain to any authority I choose on this issue.Therefore I may choose to close my accounts on this issue without any further reference to you.Sincerely yours,

----- Original Message -----From: indiatimesmailsupport@indiatimes.comTo: undisclosed-recipients:;Sent: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:45:02 +0530 (IST)Subject: Deals Folder
Dear User,
Thank you for contacting Indiatimes.
With regard to your mail we would like to inform you that the “Deals” folder has been introduced in your mail box to bring the best offers to you. In order to make you experience pleasant and to avoid interrupting your personal mails we have introduced this as a separate folder.
This folder cannot be deleted and we would also like to inform you that deleting the same may lead to temporarily locking of the account in some cases.
In case of any further queries or suggestions, please feel free to write in to us. Keep logging into the fast, friendly & futuristic Indiatimes mail.
Warm RegardsIndiatimes Mail Team

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home